If re-elected the Saskatchewan Party will:
- Allow Graduate Retention Program recipients to use $10,000 of their unused benefits toward a downpayment on their first home.
- Increase the Saskatchewan Advantage Scholarship from $500 to $750
We’ve also worked hard to make post-secondary education more affordable for students and their families by:
- Saskatchewan Advantage Scholarship - $500 a year to a max of $2,000 for high school graduates who choose to attend post-secondary in Saskatchewan.
- Graduate Retention Program – $20,000 in tuition rebates if student chose to live and work in Saskatchewan after graduation.
- Saskatchewan Advantage Grant for Education Savings - $250 per child RESP matched by province.
- Increased funding for post-secondary institutions by 61% over eight years – an average increase of over 7.5% per year
- $468 million provided in capital funding for post- secondary institutions.
What was the NDP’s record?
- The NDP government drastically underfunded post-secondary education leading to tuition increases at universities and SIAST averaged over 10% per year!
- Between 1993-94 and 97-98, the NDP actually cut operating funding to the two Universities by $10 million or 5.5%.
- The NDP had no money for student housing during their entire time in government.