Since Brad Wall and the Saskatchewan Party formed government, $6 billion in total tax relief has been provided to Saskatchewan residents to make life more affordable. Here are some examples:
- The largest person income tax cuts in Saskatchewan history:
- A family of 4 with $50,000 annual income will pay zero provincial income tax in 2016 – compared to $2,302 in 2007.
- 112,000 low-income Saskatchewan residents were removed from provincial income tax rolls.
- The largest property tax reductions in Saskatchewan history:
- Mill rates were reduced in 2009 and 2011, which has saved Saskatchewan residents nearly $1.2 billion.
- Education Property Tax on agricultural land reduced by 80%.
- PST eliminated on used cars.
- Introduced the Active Families Benefit of $150 per child.
The NDP’s record?
- Raising taxes 21 times! That includes raising the PST 4 times and income taxes twice.
- The NDP closed 176 schools while raising education property taxes.
- Roughly 150 rural municipalities launched a tax revolt in 2005 to protest paying the highest education property taxes in the country.