The Saskatchewan Party government has made significant investments to improve supports for seniors and those in long-term care.
- 15 new long-term care facilities have been built or are under construction in the province.
- Assistance for seniors through the Seniors Income Plan (SIP) has been tripled to $270 per month.
- We’ve introduced a new Personal Care Home Benefit which provides low income seniors over $4600 per year on average to assist with the cost of living in a care home.
- We’ve significantly increased front-line health care staff, hiring 3000 more nurses and 650 more doctors.
What was the NDP’s record?
- The NDP closed 1,200 long-term care beds.
- The NDP kept the Senior’s Income Plan frozen at $90 for 16 years.
- They even tried to raise monthly fees for seniors in long-term care facilities to 90 per cent of a senior’s income.
- Under the NDP, Saskatchewan had the worst nurse and doctors shortage in Canada leading to a massive shortage of front-line health care workers.