The Regina Bypass is a critical infrastructure project to reduce traffic congestion and dramatically improve safety for thousands of Saskatchewan residents traveling along Victoria Avenue and Highway 1 East.
The NDP have publicly called for a “short pause” to that project so they can cancel the P3 contract and retender it using a traditional build (NDP News Release, August 21, 2015).
THE REALITY: That NDP plan would cost Saskatchewan taxpayers $1 BILLION in cancellation fees, delay the project by at least two years and result in the loss of hundreds of local jobs.
Retendering the bypass project would lose $200 million from P3 Canada, lose millions in design plan costs and break the government’s contract with Project Co. that would cost between $400 million and $1.9 billion!
In the words of local business owner Gord Broda of Broda Construction: "We currently have 120 people working on the Bypass, with another 60 or so expected to join them when construction picks up this summer."
Here’s a list of local companies working on the bypass so far. We can’t afford to delay this project and risk these jobs. Let’s keep moving forward.
- Alliance Energy , Regina ‐ Utility Moves
- Banff Constructors Ltd., Saskatoon ‐ Construction Services
- Broda Construction, Prince Albert ‐ Construction Services
- Clifton Associates, Regina ‐ Consortium Member
- Crestview Chrysler, Regina ‐ Vehicle Supplier
- Dan Perrin Consulting Inc., Saskatoon ‐ Design‐Build Manager
- Exp, Regina ‐ Consortium Member
- Fraser Strategy Inc., Regina ‐ Communications Manager
- Graham Construction, Regina ‐ Consortium Member
- Graham Pilings, Regina ‐ Test piles, Piling for structures
- Hydro Dig , Regina ‐Hydrovac
- Inland Aggregates , Regina ‐ Sand/Aggregate Supplier
- Lonesome Prairie, Saskatoon ‐ Aggregate Supplier
- McElhanney , Regina ‐ Design Services
- Noremac, Saskatoon ‐ Equipment Rental
- PSI Technologies, Esterhazy/Saskatoon ‐ Sand/Aggregate Supplier
- RM Edenwold, RM Edenwold ‐Stockpile/haul, Road maintenance
- RM South Qu'Appelle , RM South Qu'Appelle ‐ Stockpile/haul
- SaskEnergy , Regina ‐ Utility Moves
- SaskPower , Regina ‐ Utility Moves
- TransGas , Regina ‐ Utility Moves
- Urban Systems, Saskatoon ‐ Design Services