Swift Current— Saskatchewan Party Leader Premier Brad Wall will be nominated tonight as the Saskatchewan Party candidate in Swift Current for the next provincial election, expected in 2016.
“It is truly an honour to have the opportunity to continue to represent the constituency of Swift Current and the honour of carrying the Saskatchewan Party banner into the next election,” Wall said. “I will never take either for granted.”
Wall was first elected as the MLA for Swift Current in 1999. He was elected Premier of Saskatchewan in November 2007 and re-elected in the 2011 provincial election.
“As the nomination process comes into full swing in the coming weeks, I look forward to seeing the team of women and men who will be representing our party in the next provincial election,” Wall added. “Every one of them, whether long-time MLAs or brand new candidates, will be working hard to earn the trust of Saskatchewan voters.”
The Saskatchewan Party will hold 60 more nomination meetings across the province. The party is hoping to conclude the nomination process before the end of this year.
“The Saskatchewan Party remains committed to growth, to meeting the challenges of growth and to making sure that everyone in Saskatchewan benefits from that growth,” Wall said.
The next scheduled Saskatchewan Party nomination meetings are:
- Saturday, March 22, 2014 – Prince Albert Northcote
- Monday, April 7, 2014 – Regina Walsh Acres
- Thursday, April 10, 2014 – Cut Knife-Turtleford
- Friday, April 11, 2014 – Rosetown-Elrose
- Saturday, April 12, 2014 – Biggar-Sask Valley
- Sunday, April 13, 2014 – Saskatoon Southeast
- Tuesday, April 15, 2014 – Arm River
- Thursday, April 17, 2014 – Moose Jaw Wakamow
- Thursday, April 17, 2014 – Saskatoon Meewasin
- Friday, April 25, 2014 – Saskatchewan Rivers
- Monday, April 28, 2014 – Regina Pasqua
- Saturday, May 10, 2014 – Regina Northeast
Stay up-to-date throughout the nomination process by following the Saskatchewan Party on Twitter (@SaskParty), on Facebook (www.facebook.com/saskparty) and www.saskparty.com.
Media Advisory: The Swift Current nomination is tonight, Thursday, March 20, 2014 at the Home Inn and Suites (1411 Battleford Trail E), Swift Current. Meeting starts at 7:30 p.m.
More information: The Saskatchewan Party, 306.359.1638 or 1.800.966.9611.