Saskatchewan Party Members Have Been Strong Voices For Prince AlbertMarch 28, 2016
Premier Brad Wall today said Saskatchewan Party MLAs have delivered strong results for Prince Albert since 2007 and he urged Prince Albert voters to elect Saskatchewan Party candidates Victoria Jurgens and Joe Hargrave on April 4.
“For 16 years, Prince Albert had two NDP MLAs in an NDP government and saw very little results,” Wall said. “In this election they are promising a bridge but have not costed it in their platform.
“The Saskatchewan Party has delivered real results for Prince Albert and will continue to do so if we are re-elected on April 4,” Wall said. “I know Victoria Jurgens and Joe Hargrave will be strong voices for Prince Albert in a re-elected Saskatchewan Party government, so I hope Prince Albert voters will support them on Election Day.”
Wall was joined by Jurgens and Hargrave as he spoke with reporters outside of the new Pineview Terrace Lodge, one of 15 long-term care facilities in Saskatchewan that have opened or are currently under construction since the Saskatchewan Party was first elected in 2007.
Wall said in addition to Pineview Terrace, the Saskatchewan Party government has made many other important investments in Prince Albert, including:
- A new St. Anne Elementary School;
- A new gymnasium for Carlton Comprehensive High School;
- 378 new child care spaces;
- 14 new pre-K programs;
- A $4.6 million, 156 per cent increase in municipal revenue sharing to the City of Prince Albert;
- A 33.6 per cent increase in annual operating grants to the Prince Albert Catholic School Division;
- A 23 per cent increase in annual operating grants to the Saskatchewan Rivers Public School Division; and
- $2 million in funding to begin planning for the renewal of Victoria Hospital.
“Our government together with the federal government sped up the twinning of Highway 11 from Prince Albert to Saskatoon, making that busy stretch of highway much safer,” Wall said.
“I know that Victoria Jurgens and Joe Hargrave will continue to be strong voices and deliver results for Prince Albert if they are elected on April 4,” Wall said. “I urge Prince Albert voters to elect Victoria Jurgens and Joe Hargrave and keep Prince Albert strong.”
For further information: Kathy Young, (306) 359-1638 or 1-800-966-9611, firstname.lastname@example.org