Strong Battlefords, Strong SaskatchewanOctober 25, 2020
Premier Scott Moe stopped in North Battleford on the final day of the 2020 election campaign to ask voters to elect Jeremy Cockrill, Saskatchewan Party candidate for The Battlefords.
“The Battlefords constituency has been very well served since 2011 by Herb Cox, who is retiring after two terms as MLA,” Moe said. “Now, voters have a chance to elect a new strong voice for The Battlefords in Jeremy Cockrill.”
Moe said the Saskatchewan Party government has made a number of important investments in The Battlefords including:
- The new $400 million Saskatchewan Hospital North Battleford;
- $17 million in education capital projects, including a major renovation at John Paul Collegiate;
- More than $11 million to develop over 210 new affordable rental and homeowner units and repair another 60 homes;
- $2.8 million through the Municipal Economic Enhancement Program (MEEP) to fund a range of projects, including 100th Street Service Road improvements and Carlton Trail intersection and roadway improvements;
- New passing lanes and bridge repairs on Highway 4;
- 178 new child care spaces;
- $2.8 million in municipal revenue sharing this year for North Battleford – an increase of 149 per cent since 2007; and
- $1 million in municipal revenue sharing this year for Battleford – an increase of 146 per cent since 2007.
“In addition to being a strong voice for The Battlefords, Jeremy will work with the rest of our Saskatchewan Party team to continue a strong recovery and keep building a strong Saskatchewan,” Moe said.
“I hope everyone who hasn’t done so already takes the time to go vote tomorrow and here in The Battlefords, I’m asking you to vote for Jeremy Cockrill and a strong Saskatchewan.”
For further information:
Saskatchewan Party Campaign