Strong Prince Albert, Strong SaskatchewanOctober 25, 2020
Premier Scott Moe kicked off the final day of the 2020 election campaign in Prince Albert where he asked voters to elect Saskatchewan Party candidates Alana Ross and Joe Hargrave.
“Prince Albert has been very well served by having Joe Hargrave in our Saskatchewan Party caucus and cabinet, and it would be even better to have two strong voices for Prince Albert in a re-elected Saskatchewan Party government,” Moe said. “Both Alana and Joe have run great campaigns. They have been listening to the concerns and priorities of Prince Albert voters and I know they will strong representatives for this city if they are elected tomorrow.”
The Saskatchewan Party government has made a number of significant investments in Prince Albert, including:
- $300 million for a renewed and expanded Prince Albert Victoria Hospital with 69 more acute care beds, a larger emergency area and a new mental health treatment area;
- $20 million toward a new Aquatic and Arenas Recreation Centre;
- Over $40 million in education capital projects, including the construction of a new gymnasium at Carlton Comprehensive;
- More than $45 million to develop over 400 new affordable rental and homeowner units and repair another 420 homes in Prince Albert;
- More than 500 new child care spaces;
- $5.1 million to the City of Prince Albert through the Municipal Economic Enhancement Program (MEEP) to fund a range of projects, including an expansion of the playground at the Alfred Jenkins Field House; and
- Increased municipal revenue sharing for Prince Albert by 142 per cent since 2007 to over $7 million this year.
“These investments are building a strong Prince Albert and a strong Saskatchewan,” Moe said.
Premier Moe said the Saskatchewan Party has run a strong and successful campaign in every part of the province, delivering its plan for a strong recovery and a strong Saskatchewan.
“The ballot question on the last day of the campaign is the same as on the first day of the campaign – who do you trust to lead Saskatchewan’s economic recovery? The Saskatchewan Party is the only party in this election with a strong record of growth and a plan for a strong recovery that makes life more affordable for everyone. Now it’s up to the voters. I hope everyone who hasn’t already voted takes the time to vote tomorrow and here in Prince Albert, I’m asking you to vote for Alana Ross, Joe Hargrave and a strong Saskatchewan.”
For further information:
Saskatchewan Party Campaign