Premier Says Yorkton Has Been Well Served By Greg Ottenbreit And Sask PartyMarch 30, 2016
Today, Premier Brad Wall took his campaign to Yorkton, which he says has been well served for the last eight years by Saskatchewan Party candidate Greg Ottenbreit.
“Greg Ottenbreit had a strong record in this community even before he was elected to the Legislature and he has had a strong record of delivering results for Yorkton since he was elected in 2007,” Wall said.
Wall said Yorkton’s population has grown by over 1700 people or 10 per cent since 2007 after growing by just three per cent from 2000 to 2007 under the NDP. The Saskatchewan Party government has worked hard to meet the challenges of growth with a number of important investments, including:
- The new Sunrise Health and Wellness Centre;
- Over $2.5 million in capital funding for Yorkton’s schools;
- 95 new childcare spaces and 14 new pre-K programs;
- An increase of over $2 million a year or 159 per cent in municipal revenue sharing to the City of Yorkton compared to 2007;
- 226 per cent increasing in municipal policing grants since 2007;
- 36 per cent operating funding increase to Good Spirit School Division;
- 24 per cent operating funding increase to Christ the Teacher Catholic School Division; and
- $9 million to build the new Yorkton Truck Bypass.
“Greg Ottenbreit has been a strong voice for the people of Yorkton, advocating for all of these important investments while at the same time ensuring that government spending is affordable so we can keep taxes low and our economy strong,” Wall said.
Wall urged Yorkton voters to re-elect Greg Ottenbreit on April 4.
“I know Greg Ottenbreit will continue to be a strong voice for Yorkton within a re-elected Saskatchewan Party government,” Wall said. “I hope Yorkton voters will support Greg Ottenbreit and keep Yorkton strong.”
For further information: Kathy Young, (306) 359-1638 or 1-800-966-9611, email@example.com